VCL Co-organizes the PETRA 2020 AGENT II Workshop
New advances in sensing technologies, including wearables, depth sensors, cameras etc., and machine/deep learning techniques open up new opportunities for researchers to capture and collect data in order to: i) offer early detection, monitoring and prevention of many disorders; ii) identify harmful habits and behaviors; iii) ensure a barrier-free life for people with disabilities and; iv) provide early interventions for improving quality of life and encouraging behavior change towards adopting and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The new ways of sensing and analyzing these signals can constitute the basis for the development of innovative interactive solutions for personalized support, helping patients, disabled, and older adults to improve their Quality-of-life and enhance their performance in a wide range of settings.
This workshop is dedicated to studies, applications, algorithms and new methodologies in the multidisciplinary field of unobtrusive assistive environments that can improve the quality of daily living. Papers for this workshop must address relevant topics in the design, implementation or study of interactive applications based on sensors, natural human-computer interaction, virtual environments, machine/deep learning and artificial intelligence techniques.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Signal processing
- Multimodal signal analysis
- Mobile and wireless technologies,
- Human motion analysis
- Human-computer interaction
- Game-based applications
- Intelligent assistive technologies
- Internet-of-things (IOT)
- Feature extraction and fusion
- Machine/Deep learning techniques
- Conversational agents
- Sensor fusion
- Petros Daras, Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH)
- Kosmas Dimitropoulos, Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH)
- Nicholas Vretos, Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH)
- Leontios Hadjileontiadis, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH) / Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KUST)
- Federico Alvarez, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM)
The workshop is organized in cooperation with the H2020 EU projects: PROTEIN, i-PROGNOSIS, EasyTV, TeNDER.