|Funding Organization:||European Comission|
|Funding Programme:||Horizon Europe|
|Funding Instrument:||Innovation Action|
October 1, 2022
|Total Budget:||9.998.538 EUR|
|ITI Budget:||451.125 EUR|
ATLANTIS aims at enhancing resilience and Cyber-Physical-Human (CPH) security of the key EU Critical Infrastructures, going beyond the scope of distinct assets, systems, and single CI, by addressing resilience at the systemic level against major natural hazards and complex attacks that could potentially disrupt vital functions of the society. The mission of ATLANTIS, which involves 39 European partners with complementary roles and skills, is to improve the resilience and the protection capabilities of interconnected ECI exposed to evolving systemic risks due to existing and emerging large-scale, combined, cyber-physical threats and hazards, guarantee the continuity of operations, while minimizing cascading effects in the infrastructure itself, the environment, other CIs, and the involved population, enabling public and private actors to meet current and emerging challenges by adopting sustainable security solutions.
The mission of ATLANTIS will be achieved by
– Improving knowledge on large-scale, vulnerability assessment and long-term systemic risks. – Improving the systemic resilience of ECI, through novel, adaptive, flexible, and customizable security measures (“by design”) and tools (“by innovation”).
– Improving effective cooperation among CI operators and government security stakeholders, while preserving CI autonomy and sovereignty. – Delivering an open TRL-7 technological framework that will provide the ECIs with AI -based solutions for increased AWARENESS, CAPABILITY and COOPERATION in managing systemic threats.
The ATLANTIS solution will be validated and demonstrated in 3 large-scale cross-border and cross-sector pilots:
– LSP#1: Cross-Border/Cross Domain Large Scale Pilot in Transport, Energy and Telecoms (Slovenia, Croatia, Italy and France);
– LSP#2: Cross Domain Large Scale Pilot in Health, Logistics/Supply Chain and Border control (Cyprus, Greece and Croatia);
– LSP#3: Cross-Country Large-Scale Pilot in FinTech/Financial (Spain, Germany, Cyprus).