e-Health is the employment of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in Healthcare Services, constituting the main mechanism to improve their efficiency and effectiveness. e-Health is an emerging field of medical informatics and public health, referring to health services and information delivered or enhanced through ICT technologies.
VCL has been a key-role partner in several e-Health projects, conducting Research and Development of novel and efficient e-Health technologies. In particular, VCL has been involved in research, design and development of e-Health modules and components for rehabilitation platforms and patient monitoring systems for Cardiovascular Diseases, or Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases. Our research and development team of e-Health experts provides cutting edge ICT modules and components to achieve the following objectives:
· To integrate heterogeneous systems;
· To develop frameworks to make all data meaningful, accessible and available everywhere and permanently;
· To develop AIDC (Automatic Identification and Data Collectors) systems;
· To develop low-cost motion capture methods, enabling patient exercise performance capturing;
· To develop novel physical exercise performance monitoring systems, allowing for exercise repetition detection and evaluation;
· To develop intelligent systems to support clinical and management decisions;